Maton EM100-808 'Messiah' 808 Size Acoustic/Electric Guitar
The Maton EM100-808 'Messiah' 808 Size Acoustic/Electric Guitar is the 808 shape version of the flagship dreadnought acoustic. It shows all the ingenuity and design gained only from the experience of decades building guitars. This is the guitar you want if you want a custom shop Maton without the price tag.
By blending only the very best materials available, with exquisite craftsmanship, the new Maton EM100-808 'Messiah' 808 Size Acoustic/Electric Guitar w Cutaway represents a total, no compromise approach. Flawless attention to detail guarantees your Messiah will be an instrument of pride and pleasure for many years to come.
The new Maton EM100-808 'Messiah' 808 Size Acoustic/Electric Guitar has been remodelled for a new beginning in 2012. Featuring a newly tuned, scalloped braced top and Solid Rosewood back and side sets, this Australian Music Industry icon has taken its classic worldly timbers and expanded its tonal spectrum. A new Solid Mahogany Neck adds thickness to its deeper and richer tone and again the Maton UV paint finishes this model with a finer and more refined quality. The Maton signature M MOP decal on the headstock is the finishing touch to a guitar that is truly a world class performer.
The idea behind the new Messiah is to bring together the best of the world’s tonewoods to reinvigorate Maton's flagship model. You could say the Messiah has been redisgned and now stands out from the pack thanks to its maximised tone and projection. The combination of scalloped bracing, mahogany neck, a thinner, rounded, back and an ultra thin UV finish has brought the Messiah up to where it belongs – The king of Maton’s range.
- Model: EM100 808 Messiah
- Body Shape: 808
- Soundboard: "AAA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Herringbone
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Outer Binding: Rosewood w/Maple Pinstripe
- Inner Binding: Herringbone
- Neck: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Rosewood,Maple Pinstripe/Keyhole
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Ebony
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearl Snowflakes - "Messiah" Pearl Block on 17th Fret
- Back & Sides Finish: UV Gloss/Natural
- Top Finish: UV Gloss/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Gold Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- End Pin/Strap: Gold
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Hiscox Flight case
- Pickup: AP5-Pro