Ibanez Steve Vai Signature PIA3761 Electric Guitar Stallion White- Pre Order Now
Available later in 2020
For over 35 years Steve Vai has strongly flown the Ibanez flag spruking to the masses their oodles of quality and versatility for the type of guitar player he is. He has been fundamental in the development of their instruments for as long as anyone can remember and the JEM model guitars are some of the most sought after by his legions of fans around the world.
Now Steve has introduced us to PIA, a bit of twist on what we have become used to in a JEM and these guitar are truly something special. We have a limited amount of these arriving into store over the next twelve months. Pre-ordering is recommended because guitars like this don't stick around long.
- Contoured solid alder body with "Petal Grip"
- 5-piece maple/walnut neck, rosewood fingerboard, Luminlay side dots and PIA Blossom inlay
- Jumbo stainless steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups in the neck, middle and bridge, push-pull high-pass tone filter
- Ibanez Edge tremolo, gold hardware
The PIA's Sculptured Body
With more rounded contours than the JEM, the PIA has a added degree of playing comfort, as well as a softer look. The new "Petal Grip" adds to the smoother look, as well as making an artistic statement about balance, reflecting both a stylised version of the traditional Yin/Yang symbol and the blossoming of a flower.
A Fast Neck ProfileTo enable classic Steve Vai pyrotechnics, the 5-piece maple/walnut neck features a slim, fast profile.The rosewood fingerboard bears an echo of the flower motif of the new grip with a beautiful multi-colour, blossoming vine inlay. The 24 jumbo stainless steel frets are given Ibanez' Prestige fret edge treatment for the smoothest possible playing experience.
New Vai Signature DiMarzio PickupsThe new DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups are unique to the PIA. The design underwent rigorous sonic testing and reformulation by Vai until the voicing of both the bridge and neck humbuckers and the middle single-coil pickup delivered exactly the tone and response he desired. A push/pull high-pass tone filter serves to increase the tonal versatility. The intricately filigreed pickup cover adds to the overall vibe of the guitar.
Classic Hardware for Familiar ResponseA flexible, well-balanced tremolo has been an integral part of Steve Vai's playing style since the first JEM hit the streets. The PIA boasts the latest version of Ibanez' Edge locking tremolo system and a locking nut for serious stability, no matter how extreme your whammy bar use may get. Aesthetically, the gold finish matches perfectly the sophistication of the rest of the guitar.
For the technically inclined rock/shred/fusion player, the Ibanez Steve Vai Signature PIA is a superb choice. From its stunningly unique looks to the quality of fit and finish, this guitar was designed to enable the most daring flights of fretwork with an extraordinary range of tone and inflection. For full protection, the guitar includes a deluxe hardshell case.
- Alder body
- PIA 5-piece maple/walnut neck, rosewood fingerboard with PIA Blossom inlay, jumbo stainless steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups in the neck, middle and bridge, Edge tremolo, gold hardware and luminlay side dots
- Hardshell case is included
- Body wood: Alder
- Neck wood: PIA 5-piece maple/walnut neck
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with PIA Blossom inlay
- Fret size: Jumbo stainless steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA
- Bridge Pickup: Edge tremolo
- Gold Hardware
- Luminlay side dots
- Hardshell case included