Epiphone Sheraton II Pro Ebony ETSPEBGH1
The Epiphone Sheraton™-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop, now offered in a beautiful new Midnight Sapphire finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups with coil-splitting and a Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut..
John Lee Hooker described the original Sheraton as an “outdid-335” for its striking fingerboard inlay, classic shape, and elegant ivory and black binding on the top, back, neck, headstock and f-holes. The modern Sheraton-II PRO has the same profile and is made from Laminated Maple and topped with a bound “Tortoise” style pickguard with a signature metal “E” (for Epiphone!) and the same classic Ivory and Black binding. The Sheraton-II PRO is available in new Midnight Sapphire finish along with Vintage Sunburst, Ebony, and Wine Red.
The 24.75” scale neck is made of 5-piece laminated hard Maple/Walnut with beautiful block and triangle pearloid and abalone inlays, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a large vintage style “Clipped Ear” headstock with the classic “tree of life” motif. The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO also now features the new Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime without chipping or cracking. Graphtech molds and engineers each NuBone XL™ nut for consistent tone and string balance.
The Epiphone Sheraton™-II PRO now is powered by critically acclaimed ProBucker™ humbuckers. The first humbuckers (often called "Patent Applied For" for the telltale sticker found on the back of the pickups) were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late 50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players. Epiphone ProBucker pickups are made with the same alloy as the originals--18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers--along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO has a ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3™ in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-splitting via their individual volume controls. Coil-splitting allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single-coil pickup for endless tone combinations. Each ProBucker pickup’s volume and tone control use 1” 500K Ohm potentiometers along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-coloured toggle cap.
The Sheraton™ II-PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold with an unbeatable LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece combo. Tuning is easy and reliable with gold Grover® Rotomatic machine heads with a pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio. The Sheraton-II PRO is strung at the factory with D’Addario® 10-46 gauge strings.
The Epiphone Sheraton™ II PRO is backed by Epiphone’s Lifetime Limited Warranty plus Gibson’s 24/7/365 Customer Service. Make music history of your own today with the new Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO.
- Critically acclaimed ProBuckerTM Humbuckers with coil-splitting
- Traditional Mother of Pearl and Abalone Inlay
- Graphtech® NuBone XL and Grover® Rotomatics™
- Body Material Laminated Maple
- Top Material Laminated Maple
- Neck Material 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Pau Ferro with "block and triangle" inlays w/Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Frets 22; Medium/Jumbo
- Binding Top: 5-ply (Ivory/Black), Back - 1-ply (Ivory), Neck - 5-ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock - 5-ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes - 1-ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut Graphtech® NuBone XL
- Nut Width 1-11/16"
- Hardware Gold
- Machine Heads Grover® Rotomatics™; 18:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup ProBucker-3™
- Controls Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-way pickup selector (toggle); Ivory toggle cap
- Bridge Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
- Pickguard Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover 2-ply; (Black/White); Vintage "E" in White
- Knobs Top Hats with metal inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings D'Addario® 10-46 gauge
- Typical Weight 8.7 lbs
- Options Hard Case (940-E519)
- Warranty Epiphone Limited Lifetime